Legal Training Sessions
Our training sessions are designed to support businesses to ensure that everyone in the organisation can thrive. Whether it’s a short virtual or face-to-face session or a full-day leadership team event, we can produce bespoke, engaging training for any situation.
Below is a list of training sessions we’ve created for some of our clients already. In practice, however, we can work with you to assess what will be helpful and appropriate for you, perhaps putting a collection of suitable training sessions together for your employees.
- Absence Management
- Avoiding discrimination in recruitment
- Balancing misconduct with mental ill health
- Balancing poor performance with mental ill health
- ‘Banter’ – What is unacceptable in the workplace?
- Capability Dismissals
- Covid – Vaccinations, Return to Work
- Disability Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination and “Arising From”
- Disability Discrimination and Reasonable Adjustments
- Discrimination – what is it and what are the protected characteristics?
- Flexible working
- Gender Recognition and Pronouns
- How to deal with Disciplinaries and Grievances
- How to dismiss fairly?
- How to use the handbook – what every manager should know
- Investigation Training
- Long Covid – How should employers support?
- Overlapping disciplinary, grievance and absence issues
- Parental Leave Entitlements
- Redundancy and Restructuring – best practice
- Sexual Harassment and Sex Discrimination
- Social Media and Employment Law
- The Curse of the Christmas Party – Employment Law implications of staff social events
- The Employment Tribunal process – What happens and who is liable?
- What is TUPE and how do employers comply?
- What is whistleblowing and how to deal with it?
- Keeping your team mentally strong
- The importance of communication
- What is Neurodiversity?
- What are risk assessments and why do they matter?
- Mental health first aiders and champions – what are their roles?
Equality, Diversity, & Inclusion
- Diversity and inclusion – closing the gap between rhetoric and action
- LGBT+ Inclusion
- Trans and Non-Binary Rights
- Unconscious bias
- What is Diversity and Inclusion? Why does it matter?
Our team can also present storytelling sessions on mental health, grief, breakdowns and the power of storytelling, as well as neurodiversity in the workplace. If you think there is anything which we, as individuals, may be able to share with your employees for their development, please just enquire and we will see what we can do.
Mock Employment Tribunal
For those employers who have never been to an Employment Tribunal, we can put together a mock Tribunal for employers to attend and participate. This may help those employers to understand how a Tribunal works; what is cross examination, how are judgments reached, what are witnesses needed for? This is particularly helpful if the employer may face a Tribunal matter at the time, but may also be used in combination with a legal training sessions to explain both the legal structure of a particular issue, but also the consequences of getting it wrong.