I joined Thrive as I love the values that we stand and fight for. I wanted to be part of a forward-thinking team, where the wellbeing of each member genuinely matters. Everyone is appreciated and respected as an individual, not a number; We are all totally committed to supporting each other, and to helping the team to grow and develop. The thrive team provide me with the support and flexibility to balance my work life along with my personal life and raising my daughter. At Thrive, you don’t have to make a choice of prioritising your career or your family; you can honestly have it all
Senior Associate Solicitor and Head of Outsourced HR and Employment Law Support
Crystal has specialised in providing support to clients in need of Employment Law and HR-related advice since qualifying as a Solicitor in 2013.
Crystal has extensive experience in dealing with employers and employees in all areas of employment law, from internal issues such as disciplinary and grievance procedures, redundancy, and TUPE advice to Acas Early Conciliation and Employment Tribunal litigation. She has worked with clients from a variety of industries ranging from retail and manufacturing to pharmaceuticals and beauty, to charities, schools, and sports clubs.
Crystal has a particular interest in advice regarding family-friendly rights and managing long and short-term absenteeism.
- Discipline and grievance procedures and disputes
- Unfair and constructive unfair dismissal claims
- Restructuring, redundancy, and transfer of undertakings issues
- All forms of discrimination including disability, race, sex and religion
- Employment contracts, handbooks, and workplace policies
- Without Prejudice / S111A negotiations and Settlement agreements
- Family friendly rights
- Wages and working time issues
- Managing mental health in the workplace
- ACAS Early Conciliation
- Legal Practice Course (BPP Law School, Leeds) – Commendation
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Leeds Metropolitan University) – Commendation
- Business Studies Degree (Nottingham Trent University Years 1 & 2 / Leeds Metropolitan Year 3)
Membership to the Law Society
Here’s why our team joined the Thrive Tribe