- This event has passed.
Speak! Voicing Alternative Thinking
March 18 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
About this Event
Neurodiversity in Law presents Speak! Voicing Alternative Thinking, a series of events to celebrate the 2021 Neurodiversity Celebration Week.
What is the role that neurodiverse female practitioners play in the legal professions? What are the strengths that female lawyers, and in particular, neurodivergent female lawyers, bring to the legal professions? What are the challenges currently faced by them? What strategies have they developed to cope with these challenges?
The Neurodiversity and women in the law panel will focus on the intersection between neurodiversity and women in the law and the importance of giving visibility and recognising women in the law, and in particular, neurodivergent women.
The panellists for this event will be:
• Her Honour Judge Sarah Davies;
• Lizette Robleto de Howarth, International Programmes Manager at the Law Society of England and Wales, author of the Law Society’s global report ‘Advocating for Change: Transforming the Future of the Legal Profession through Greater Gender Equality’ (June 2019) and co-author of the joint Law Society/Bates Wells global report ‘Practical Toolkit for Women in Law’ (March 2021);
• Amandeep Khasriya, Senior Associate at Moore Barlow , Law Society Women’s Lawyers Division Committee Member and Founder of Women Back to Law;
• Chloe Branton, Barrister at Parklane Plowden Chambers, Social Mobility Advocate and Advisor to the Executive of Neurodiversity in Law;
• Emma Llanwarne, Head of Outreach and Development at Neurodiversity in Law; and
• Sophie Stevens, Head of Media and Marketing at Neurodiversity in Law
Remember that you can request a certificate of attendance from Neurodiversity in Law if you are a member and attend at least three events of Speak! Voicing Alternative Thinking. Please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 19th. Attendance will be monitored at these events.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!