Do you want to join a progressive, thought leading, multi award winning law firm?
Do you believe everybody should be enabled to thrive in the workplace?
Do you want to make sure Diversity & Inclusion stays at the top of the agenda for businesses?
Do you want to work for a law firm where wellbeing is of paramount importance?
Are you looking to bring your skills to a firm with a purpose and values-driven approach?
If so, Thrive Law would love to speak to you about expanding their diverse and fast-growing team.
What’s On Offer?
- Being part of an award-winning team specialising in employment and HR with a real focus on workplace diversity and inclusion as well as mental health and wellbeing.
- A flexible workplace – at Thrive our team all work when and where they feel they are most productive as long as the needs of our clients and the business are met.
- Salary based on experience and the value you can bring the firm.
- No chargeable/ billable hours target
- Bonus schemes are available and are based on behaviours as well as performance.
- Scope for progression to a Partner role.
- 30 days’ holiday including bank holidays.
- Thrive’s ‘Making a Difference’ Awards – A chance to win more holiday or vouchers every month.
- Training and development – We are a people focussed firm; we invest in our people and watch them “thrive”.
- Opportunity to be creative when it comes to marketing, events and services we offer. We value our team’s diverse perspective and involve them in all aspects of our work.
You will be an important part of a growing team of solicitors and paralegals dealing with both contentious and non-contentious matters. The contentious work will include a mixture of both Claimant and Respondent advisory HR work, representation in Employment Tribunal claims.. You will report directly to the Managing Partner, Jodie Hill, and will have the opportunity both to learn from the Partners and to line manage less experienced members of the team.
The role is ideally suited to someone with 5+ years PQE, but applications will be considered from anyone who can demonstrate the skills and experience needed for the role.
The client base will range from SMEs to national companies, charities and education establishments on the Respondent side, to company directors, HNW individuals, employees and union members on the Claimant side. You will be expected to work alongside and communicate effectively with all levels of client.
Clients often approach the firm due to our mental health specialism and our keen focus on D&I. You will therefore be expected to have an awareness of mental health issues and disability discrimination in particular, together with a understanding of proactive measures employers could take when it comes to D&I initiatives.
The role will also involve active participation in the firm’s marketing, article drafting, PR, business development, social media and networking activities, as appropriate.
What do we require from our people?
First and foremost, you must be aligned with our values and committed to the highest standards of workplace culture and behaviours. We are not like most law firms and that is no accident!
If you are not passionate about the values on which Thrive was founded, it is not the firm for you.
What else are we looking for?
- The desire to make a real impact on clients, colleagues, the practice and be disruptive in the legal profession.
- Particular awareness of mental health issues and their impact on the employment lifecycle.
- A passion for creating workplaces that are healthy, inclusive and free from barriers.
- Working well as part of a close-knit team with the ability to manage, communicate effectively and delegate across all levels of the business, including upwards.
- First class client service levels
- Flexibility. Whilst remote and flexible working is offered and encouraged, you will be expected to attend our Head Office in Leeds on occasion, especially for key meetings and events.
- Experience of Business Development, Marketing and Compliance.
- Experience of advising clients in any of the education, charity, retail or health & wellbeing sectors
- Existing Client base.
What do our clients say?
“Thrive’s positive and welcoming culture is infectious and I’m proud to be working with them.”
“We can honestly say this is a company that very much has the hearts (and minds) of clients at the top of their priority rather than the fiscal driven priorities of most law firms, the advice we have received has been outstanding, we now consider a proactive rather than reactive approach to our employees’ and approach the wellbeing of our staff with more consideration than ever before.”
Please send the following:
- A link to your up-to-date LinkedIn profile
- A video (of no more than 2 minutes) answering the following 2 questions
- Why do you want to work at Thrive?
- What 3 qualities do you believe an effective lawyer needs to have, and why?
- A one-page CV of your relevant experience based on the role available
This role closes Friday 30th April 2021